Welcome

Welcome to the Imagination of Kimber Krochmal; writer, artist, mom, and kid at heart.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Welcome

Welcome to my imagination. There's no telling what might find it's way onto these pages. Posts about writing, art, being a mom, or just having fun and finding joy and inspiration in the world around you... It all depends on where my imagination leads.

But first, a little about me for anyone who wanders across this and is brave/ bored enough to peek into my mind. If you found this blog from one of my old blogs or know me, you can skip this post. Nothing has really changed (at least not for the purpose of this introduction/background information).

I love doing anything creative but get bored easily. I have been back to college quite a few times and had 7 different majors. I've accumulated enough credit hours to have at least 3 degrees by now but never enough credits in any ONE field to actually get a degree. The only thing I really have to show for any of them is my Substitute Teaching Certificate. It isn't that I didn't enjoy the classes, I did! But none of them seemed to fit.  I just couldn't figure out what I wanted to be when I grew up.

Until Now. I've finially figured out what I want to be and the bonus is... I don't even have to grow up! In fact, thinking like a child is a plus in my chosen field.

I've made up stories for as long as I can remember. Once I had children, my storytelling went into overdrive. I would make up stories to entertain them in the car, to teach them certain morals or values, or to help explain certain things. I love making up stories but it never really occured to me to become a children's writer. Well, that's not completely true. It occured to me but I didn't really think it was possible. I thought of being a writer the same way I thought of being a rock star... a wonderful dream but not really based in reality.

Then I started taking some classes on writing and found my perfect fit. I've found something I'm not only good at but something I enjoy. And I don't get bored because every story is different.

I have a great husband who puts up with my artistic temperment, my Irish temper, and my flair for the dramatic usually without batting an eye. He loves me in spite of the fact that I drive him crazy on a regular basis. Or maybe he loves me because of it, who knows. :P At any rate, I'm thankful for him and can't begin to express in words how much he means to me.

I almost have enough kids to start my own baseball team. No, I didn't give birth to all of them (Thank Goodness!). Some of them are mine biologically, some are adopted, and some I've "collected" over the years. Some of them lived with us for a while and some never did but still became a part of the family. They are all wonderful and I'm blessed to have each and every one of them. They make my life complete.

So join me if you want and we'll see where my imagination takes us together.

No comments:

Post a Comment